- What should I expect the day of the photo shoot?
The photographer will complete your Google Street View Trusted tour in two parts: the interior and the exterior. The virtual tour consists of moving the camera through the business in systematic fashion to complete the 360 degree tour. The camera is moved in about 15 foot increments along the path of the tour. The camera rests in each spot and captures the full 360 degree view of that step. Each of these panoramic steps take about 2 minutes to complete. The time to complete the shoot typically ranges from 30 minutes to 1 hours depending on the size of the business and if you desire people to move out of each shot. We recommend scheduling the photo shoot 30 minutes before the start of your regular business hours.
- Can my employees be in the shoot?
In most cases, we believe that it’s best not to have people shown in the Business View panoramic photos. Having people in the photos can be a distraction and cause a ghosting effect if not properly planned.
- Can the shoot be completed around my time schedule?
We understand the busy needs of business owners and the demands you face each and every day. We will make this a simple and pain-free process for you. And part of that means scheduling when it’s most convenient for you. Depending upon the type of business you have, we might make suggestions as to the optimal but in the end will defer to your judgement and desires.
- Should I have the shoot during open business hours or while we are closed?
The choice is up to you but we have found that scheduling the shoot about 30 minutes before you open to the public is ideal.
- How long does it take after the shoot for the Street View Inside to go live?
We are committed to having your street view tour live within a week after your photo shoot. However, a number of factors can determine how soon your tour can go live.
We carefully review each photograph to ensure it meets quality standards and that any privacy concerns are addresses. In addition, for the still photos, many businesses choose for us to do some post-processing work to enhance these images so that they look their very best. If you have a specific event or deadline in mind for a product launch, please let us know during the initial consultation and we will do our best to accommodate you.
- Which areas of my business will be photographed?
Photo shoots will include the main customer-facing areas of your business and at least one exterior photo for Google Street View. You can work with the photographer to determine what areas of your businesses you would like to highlight, or even exclude from the shoot. Once again, the goal of the photographs is to show customers what they would expect to see if they visited your business on a normal day.
- Will the photo shoot be disruptive to my business?
Absolutely not. We’ll work around your business’ needs or even perform the shoot outside of normal business hours. Your business comes first and we’re very sensitive to that. And most importantly, our entire objective is about enhancing your business and helping you get more customers. We will not cause any interruption.
- What do I need to do to prepare my business ahead of the photo shoot?
Walk through your own business: A great way to get an objective view of your business is to walk through it as though you were a first-time customer. What aspects of your store grab your attention?
Here is a good checklist to complete ahead of the shoot:
- Put away any papers on surfaces
- Empty garbage cans that are visible
- Tidy up any cables
- Loose items should be put away, declutter any surfaces
- Check outdoors (front door, patio, etc) so that it looks presentable
- Add decorations to look nice if needed
- Replace any burnt out light bulbs
- Clean any reflective surfaces
- After the shoot do I need to add this to Google myself?
We take care of all the photography and publishing to Google. You get to sit back and relax!